Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Humid Hawaii.

So the title says it all.  This place is wayyy humid and gross, albeit really pretty.  There is so much green that I don't even know what to do.  Seriously though, its great so far, minus the homesickness and the fact that I won't even be back on the mainland for three months.  But hey, I am a young adult and I need to learn to stand on my own two feet, right?  Right. 

You want an update of the last few days?  Well, to begin, Sunday morning I got up at five, and arrived at the airport just after six.  We expected to leave at precisely eight in the morning for Honolulu.  Only once we got our tickets, my mom and I were informed that our flight had been delayed until 1:10 in the afternoon!  What happy news! But not really..  So basically they gave my family and I free vouchers for a meal in the airport and told us to be back by noon.  Then it hit me.  I had a friend giving a farewell at 8:30, and allll of my friends would be there.  Why not go and surprise them and show up?!  So then I was actually very happy that the flight was delayed because then I could be with my people one last time for a very very long time!  I got to the Lindsay ward building with Makayla and sat down in the chapel overflow.  I must say, the reactions from Matt Pace and Michael Rush were the most funny to watch.  Love you guys!  I was just happy I could see all my friends again because some of them, like Matt and Blake Savage are leaving in November, and Conrad Nicoll (the guy who gave his farewell)  leaves tomorrow for good ol' Chile!  He's gonna be a bomb.com missionary! Good luck Conrad!  Anyway, so leaving my daddy and siblings was real difficult, but I can skype them! 

Uhh, so funny story time?  This girl right here got the treatment.  And no, that is not a good thing.  So I'm with my mom waiting in line to go through the security checkpoint, right?  And I get that it was September 11th, but really, do people honestly think that an 18 year old caucasian girl is gonna be hiding bombs?  Let me tell you, I got tested for explosives.  Thats just the beginning folks.  So my hand got swiped and I let out a sarcastic comment.  Not.A.Good.Idea.  The lady was a total B-R-A-T.  I'd like to say something worse, but I won't.  And then after that, I was pulled aside after I went to the metal detector and got man handled.  But thats not even the biggest thing!

Yes my friends, look at that paper real close.  Can you take a guess? Just throw it out there!  No? Alright I'll tell you.  One of my suitcases just so happened to be searched too! Yay I'm a suspicious looking person!  I open it up and find that little gem floating on top.  I got hit with almost everything.

Anyway, flight was long and boring, blah blah blah.  This is what i want to show you all!


Green everything! This was the drive up to Laie, pretty right? Unfortunately, these photos don't do it justice..

I promise I'll do better!

This is the ranch I stayed at the first night, also where my cousin Allie will be staying at.  We did a lot a lot a lot of shopping Moday and I was absolutely exhausted.  Tuesday was orientation and that was really cool! Me and my roommate were the favorite "children" of our group.  Our "dad" never said it, but we are quite certain that we were! 
We stayed up to practically four in the morning just talking.  I believe we will be great friends.  Score! haha
Well, my hour break between class is nearly over! Time for me to hunt down my next classroom.  Wish me luck guys!  But before I go:



Sunset Beach baby! BEA-utiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment