Friday, September 30, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

Yes, I just referenced a Queen song.  So what? It goes along with the topic.  And it so happens to be the song playing on my ipod too...and I so happen to love Queen.  Very much. 

So why did I title the post like this?  Well, another school week is over of course!  Which means a crazy busy weekend.  General conference, hiking and beaches galore!  Its gonna be a fun filled two day break I believe. 
Update of my week?  Yes alright, so I was introduced to a game called "Bang!" Sunday night in the boy's hale after we studied oh so much for biology.  Promise its not a bad game, its western themed!  You know, the sheriff and his deputies and the criminals and all that good stuff?  Yeahh we also played that Monday night and disrupted the good little studious fellows in Hale 4..  Sorry guys, homework is for earlier in the day, didn't you know that?  That's what I do.  Yes I actually do study, and no I'm not lying.  I'm a good little college student!  But I like hanging out after dinner so I get lots of it done after school!
Oh I got sidetracked.. Okay okay, so Tuesday we tried playing sardines, but Seeley Dopp is one dang good player!  She disappeared for seriously two hours.  We gave up way before that and had a mini photo session with our fellow freshmen.  Would you like to see?

Here are some of the Hale 2 girls!  From the left we have Miss Jillian Sherwood, to my roomie Jordyn Petersen, and then to Miss Rachael Hancock!  (she's from AZ, this makes me happy)

For some reason, our pal D.J. thinks that Jillie and I are his personal slaves.  We have to carry him and drag him around on long boards.  But we enjoy his presence.. so we comply

However, sometimes Jillie gets fed up with his demands and as you can see, fights back!  Props to Rachael for the flowy hair effect!

And then, we are just so inspired to dance that we teach others!  As you can see, our friends like learning

But then sometimes we get a waft of the food from the good ol' Caf and can't seem to contain our stomachs!

So come Wednesday, we decided to be extra good students and went to the library to study!  And I was greatly informed and edified by my peers...  Then we got hungry for some ice cream and guess what I learned to do at the ice cream social!  You'll be shocked, promise.

I learned how to tie a cherry stem.  Without hands.  I was rather proud!

Thursday was beach day and we got beat up by waves.  And when I say we, I mean everyone but me.  I was smart about the water.  I won't be next time though, I'm pretty sure about that.  Then we all went to the caf and ate pasta and gross cardboard tasting bars.  Wasted calories? I think so.

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to conference! I always look forward to it, but this year I'm having reservations because I won't be with my family.  That is an alien thought right there.  But I'll manage, and I'll take notes and I'll get exactly what I've been asking for out of General Conference this year, peace.  I've prayed for peace for a lot of things this year and I know I'll learn what I need to do to achieve it this weekend. 



"We face many challenges in the world today, but I assure you that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. He loves each of us and will bless us as we seek Him through prayer and strive to keep His commandments."
President Thomas S. Monson
I'm ready to hear the Lord's word, what about you all?

What an update, and there is more to come next week!  Thanks for reading!
Haleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment