Thursday, September 22, 2011

College is

Draining.  Its only been a week since school started.  Oh and to make it even better, practically everyone here is in that awkward stage where all they do is focus on class and aren't willing to be friendly yet.  Yuck!  My cousin said that its gonna take about two to three weeks for everyone to find their own special routine, and when they do, thats when the friend making festivities begin!  Hah, well, unfortunately I'm rather impatient, so looks like I'm in for a rough couple of weeks!  Joy...

Anyway, I like my classes at least!  And the people inside of them seem promising..if only they could communicate. Guys seriously, Hawaii is supposed to be a fun "cultural" experience as one of my teachers would say, you can't have a good experience if you're holed up in a dorm room all day and night.  Wait, maybe I should take that advice too?  Whoops.  Like I said, Friend Making Festivities in a few weeks.  Promise.  I've even given myself a head start! Good job to me! 

On to some good news?  My homesickness is subsiding a bit, sadly, I don't think it will fully go away fully for a while.  But I'm feeling a lot better, so I am HAPPY!  Probably cause I've had at least some sort of communication with my family every day this week?  Oh and it helps that I'm constantly doing some sort of school work.  Draining, like I said.  And even through it all, I've managed to get food semi regularly.  I have to say, the food in the cafeteria isn't as totally repulsive as I was told before hand, but its still not something I want to eat with satisfaction.  Tonight featured terriyaki chicken or this gross looking stew with purple potatoes.  Can someone say vomit?  Oh and to stereotypicalize Asians, yes, they alway have piles of rice and yes they always have steamed vegetables piled high onto their plates.  And they're always always studying.  I saw a fat asian today.  Isn't that a contradiction? I think so...

So storytime?  Okay cool.  Once upon a time their were two roommates who were getting ready for school one Tuesday morning.  Suddenly out of no where, an ugly little bird flew into their dorm room and kept flying everywhere.  Much to the roommate's dismay, they could not get the ugly little bird out of their room and it ended up pooping and landing everywhere.  (Except my bed)  Finally they asked for assistance and the dumb bird was removed from the vicinity.  The end.

Ohh and I posted my address a little bit wrong, its
 BYUH# 5687
55-220 Kulanui St.
Laie, Hawaii 96762

Sorry guys!

1 comment: