Friday, March 9, 2012

The Rains Came Down and the Floods Came Up!

Hello all!  Well, today has been a gem!  Classes got cancelled!  However, I was unaware and trekked across campus to my music class and learned first hand! 

So let me start by saying that until this week, I thought that thunder and lightening were a myth here in Hawaii.  I was wrong.  Very wrong...

I was rudely awoken at about 6:45 this morning to a constant blare of thunder outside of my dorm.  Oh yeah, and the rain sounded like a thousand waterfalls too.  I mean I couldn't really see because A) it was dark and B) I can't see anything without my glasses or contacts-- but I could definitely hear it!  And then about fifteen minutes later I decided to go out and look at the torrents of rain crashing down on BYU-H.  I wasn't disappointed!  Then I realized that if the bottom floor of Hale 2 would be flooded, I would get Alex and her roommate in my room.  (Seeing as she is located directly below my room).  I guess that when the first floor is flooded, the residents move up to the room right above them.  So Alex, we very nearly were roommates for a little!  We would have had a lot of fun, I think.  Ohh well!

My Hale wasn't flooded, but I have been informed that Hale 5 was flooded!  I saw a short video of girls trying to bail out the water with their trash cans from this morning..it was entertaining, but I do feel very bad for the girls that lost their rooms for the time being..  Sorry guys!   I'm sure that there have been more flooded Hales, like 3, 4, and 6, but I haven't heard yet.  I am so thankful I live on the second floor!

Anyway, so I guess that this entire weekend is going to be very very rain filled.  Which means no beach and no hiking.  Therefore this weekend will likely be another movie-filled weekend.  I think that makes it the third in a row? 

Guys, it has been raining ever since Sunday.  Sometimes it has just been a light misting and other times a torrential down pour... you would think coming from Arizona the rain would be the best thing ever?  I totally love the rain, it's awesome!  But there are only so many days that one can handle soaked shoes and chilly air.  My quota has filled.  But I digress, the rain is so fun and I can't help but hope that we get more.  Maybe since it's the weekend I'll actually go out and play in it?  I think so.  Also, as long as the caf has hot chocolate, then I am totally fine with the never ending sheets of rain.  Welcome to a Hawaii winter.  It's sorta like an Arizona winter, but increase the temperature by twenty degrees and increase the rain ten fold. 

Oh rain, how I love you, if I had boots with me, I would love you that (---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------) much more.  I still love you a lot though, since I am a rain deprived desert dweller, after all. 

Mom, Dad, Siblings, if I come home pale again, you'll know that the weather did not permit me access to the beach.  I shall do my best to regain the lost color, I promise!

Also, Erin Timothy, I miss you dearest best friend!  I'm coming to Rexburg to visit you, promise!  I just need to make some money first..and then I'll come to you!  Because we've been separated for wayyy too long.  And I want to review our list haha. 

2 comments:

  1. i miiiiiiiiss you! but Hawaii sounds like a blast. I legitimately just got jealous... wow. Unfortunately i am pure WHITE! There is no color on my skin. My mexicanness is absolutely gone. Probably the most depressing thing ever. I want heat and rain and a beach. too bad i am stuck with the cold bitter air and clouds... I love you babyhales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda Mexicanish here...haha sike I'm just tan. just come here. one semester.. haha and then I'll come to the Burg and then we'll take a vote on which one is better:) okay, deal!

    ReplyDelete