Tuesday, December 13, 2011

In the Library

I can only take so much before I absolutely need a break.  Hello all, me again!  I am currently sitting in a chilly library studying my freshie butt off in preparation for semester finals.  It is not an experience that I enjoy, but it is something that I must do, unfortunately.. 

Why am I not in my dorm room?  Well, I have finally realized that in the quiet of my room, I find reasons to not study.  For example, I end up on Facebook or Pinterest and waste precious study time.  Or I'll be semi-distracted by music playing on good ol' reliable Spotify or watch tv on the internet.  Or I'll be unconscious on my bed.  It's a viscious cycle that I've finally broken.  Here in the library, I am motivated by passers by to stay off of all social media websites.   I also refuse to bring my headphones because if I brought them, I would use them as entertainment.  So here, I get a lot more work done.  It's just boring.  So boring.

May I say that in six days I'll be on my way back to the lovely Mesa, Arizona for three weeks?  I know everyone is excited, no need to tell me!  My family just won't stop bragging about how they've been using the fire place and how it's cold back at home and that yeahh... I'm out of ideas..

But I am excited to see mi familia!  Three months away might have made my heart even more fond of our silly jokes and whatnot.  Family, since you are accustomed to the "cold" and I am not, I shall be needing extra blankets on my bed.  Since, you know, it's about 70 degrees here always... 

Also, I'm not going to be as tan as you all are expecting!  I've been a studious young woman who remains indoors preparing for tests and doing homework.  Sorry to disappoint!  But I will do my best to catch up and get a last minute tan before I come home!  I have to have a little bit of a glow at least.  Just to, you know, gloat at all you ghosties.  (cough*Erin and Makayla and Jordan*cough). 

Okay...okay okay okay.  Break time is over.  Time to resume my studying of Anthropology now.  I'm reading about religion.  Exciting, isn't it? 
Bye All!  See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment