Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green Jeans

I've finally finally finally joined the colored jeans trend with a pair of my very own green jeans.  And the verdict is:  I am obsessed with these suckers!  I was a tad bit nervous that they were going to look atrocious, with and without me in them.  But!  Thankfully, they look gooood.  (Thank you 6 a.m. jogging class). 

I also got some tan pointy toed flats that are lovely, albeit very painful and unforgiving to my achilles tendon and the skin surrounding it.  Hopefully I'll break them in soon enough because I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to be wearing those shoes quite often.

Onto some more matters?  Well, I finally sent a letter to Zach!  He's been gone for what, three weeks and I've been sort of slacking.. But I wrote it and sent it!  I really miss my best friend.  I'm going to go ahead and disclaim it right now,  Zach and I have never been in a relationship together and I don't plan on it.  He is like the older brother I never had and I love him dearly (Even though I'm like a week older).  He's my best friend.

I'm slowly getting on top of things again!  I sort of let the beach and the wacky schedule of things get to me last week and the week before.  But it was sorta worth it because I am regaining that beachy little tan again!
And I've also completed bascially all my assignments for the week.  So what does a bored college student do?  Nap.  Oh and hang out with friends and stuff.  But mostly nap.  And it feels oh so nice to sleep for a spell, very invigorating.

Speaking of which, Alex and I had a nice long run last night that was quite invigorating...yeahh..

 Singles Awareness Day is coming up, ahem, I mean uhh Valentine's Day.  I do believe I will be one of the lucky lonely ones who gets to observe all the happy couples strolling around campus.  I'm also certain that there will be a lot of marriage proposals here at the BYUH campus.  I mean come on, even though it's the school with the least amount of hitching going on, there has to be some corny people around  here itching for the most cliche date possible to come around.  I'm just glad that I'm not going to be one of those girls running around with a ring on it.  And you know what, I am absolutely okay with being single on Valentine's day too.  Weird right? 

I just realized (thanks so something I saw on Pinterest, go figure) that I don't need to seek out anything.  Because that isn't the right reason.  If I just live my life and continue being happy as I am, then that's all I need for now.  So when someone does actually come around, I'll be with them not because I'm unhappy and alone, but because he and I have been drawn together out of actual interest and mutual feelings.  Not because I have that desire and need to feel wanted by someone.

So mystery man, come when you wish.  At the moment I am perfectly content with living my life as is.  And I feel like that's how it should be.  There should never be any reason to force a relationship. 

I am single.  I am young.  And I love it.

2 comments:

  1. HALEIGH! can I just say how I love you so :) and I read your blog and I am so glad you are having a blast in Hawaii! I MUST visit you and see this green in person! (I have never commented on a blog before... so i hope this worked haha). Anyways, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you must come see this Green! Please come visit me, Marlee! I feel like this place is adventuresome enough for you haha. Miss you too! Can't wait until Northridge ward is reunited!

    ReplyDelete